Monday, January 13, 2014

12 under 20: Cupcake Vineyards

My 2014 New Years resolution is to become a novice level sommelier. At this time I am not doing this through an official school, but through monthly wine tasting classes at various locations to lay the foundation for my knowledge. Maybe in the future I will consider actually going to school to get certified! 

I know this is not art related, but I'd like to start a mini series called 12 under 20. Over the next year, I'd like to highlight 12 of my favorite "go-to" wines for under $20. When you are a wine enthusiast, people frequently ask "What wine is your favorite?" That's not always the same thing as "What is your go-to wine?" meaning that wine that you can count on on a Tuesday when you're in your pjs watching TV. My husband asked this question of Thomas Arvid and it inspired this series. 

So let's get started!

#1. Cupcake Vineyards


I can confidently say Cupcake Vineyards is one of my favorite, most consistent go-to brands. One of their distributors was having a promotion years ago at the Bloomington Kroger and easily made smitten with the idea of this creative brand, I went home with multiple bottles. They pulled me in with their decadent name and scrumptious descriptions on the back of the bottle. They kept me with the variety, comforting mouthfeel, and food friendliness.  


Cupcake has a wine for every occasion, every palette. From the "tangy and creamy...lemon chiffon cupcake," their Sauvignon Blanc, to the "chocolate mocha and blackberry cupcake," their Shiraz - You will not be disappointed. Other mouth watering varietals include:

- Reds - Red Velvet, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, Petite Sirah, Shiraz, Pinot Noir
- Whites - Angel Food, Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc
- Celebratory - Moscato d'Asti, Prosecco

*Bold indicates wines I have tried...thankfully I still have some yet to try!


And I had yet to mention, all for under $12! At Publix, I regularly find this brand on sale for $9.99. So stop reading, stop reading now and go buy yourself a bottle! (Please drink responsibly ;))


Cheers, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment