Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"When the sun rises, it rises for everyone."

I thought this might be a good time for another 'Quotes' entry. I know I've been under a lot of stress lately - Work, money, relationships, homesickness, expectations of others. And I know I'm not alone! Every single person has their difficulties each and every day. Sometimes it can be hard to remember the positive things when things are hard...but those are really the things most worth holding on to.

Last 'Quotes' entry, I shared Artists speaking on Love & Art. Today, I'd like to share a little artistic inspiration on Positivity. (Okay...so most of these quotes are not by artists...but they're important!)
Positivity

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them." - Henri Matisse

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." - Martha Washington

"Every act of creation is first an act of destruction." - Pablo Picasso

"I am only one; but I am still one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do something I can do." - Helen Keller

"There are two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is." - Albert Einstein

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill

"Your heart is a sun -
Joy its stars
Faith a moon, shining in your darkness..."
- Terri Guillemets

"A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world; Everyone you meet is your mirror." - Ken Keyes, Jr.

"Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same." - Francesca Reigler

"If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want." - Oscar Wilde

"These then are my last words to you. Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." - William James

* * * * * * * * *

And the wisdom that has gotten me through SO much thus far in my life...
Thank you to my dear friend for this:

"It's easy to look down sometimes, I know, but you're just too special for that. So keep your chin up." - Benjamin Bower

Paintings by Vincent Van Gogh; Tulips photo taken by my Dad at IU.

No comments:

Post a Comment