Monday, February 14, 2011

Artists on Love and Art


"Love the art in yourself, not yourself in the art." - Konstantin Stanislavsky

"When you paint, you forget everything except your object. When you are too much engrossed in it, you are lost in it; and when you are lost in it, your ego diminishes and love infinite appears. And when love is created, God is attained." - Meher Baba (The Perfect Master by Charles Purdom)

"For in truth great love is born of great knowledge of the thing loved." - Leonardo da Vinci

"Have pity, mean girl. I can't go on. I can't go another day without seeing you. Atrocious madness, it's the end, I won't be able to work anymore. Malevolent goddess, and yet I love you furiously." - Auguste Rodin writing to his lover, Camille Claudel

"Throughout the time in which I am working on a canvas I can feel how I am beginning to love it, with that love which is born of slow comprehension." - Joan Miró

"No longer shall I paint interiors with men reading and women knitting. I will paint living people who breathe and feel and suffer and love." - Edvard Munch

"Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman, we don't start measuring her limbs." - Pablo Picasso

"A lady friend of mine asked me, 'Well, what do you love most?' That's how I started painting money." - Andy Warhol

"Love is one of those experiences that is utterly exciting and yet at times most bewildering; certainly not too different from our own personal experience of art, as it is created, observed, and contemplated." - Kirk Wassell

"One's art goes as far and as deep as one's love goes." - Andrew Wyeth

"Love art. Of all lies, it is the least untrue." - Gustave Flaubert

"For where these is love of man, there is also love of the art." - Hippocrates

"I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known." - Walt Disney

"I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." - Vincent Van Gogh

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment