Thursday, January 20, 2011

Today, I give you...FUN!

Of course, everything on this blog is super fun (You know it is! :)), but today, I rediscovered a fun little activity PERFECT for people stuck inside for the night due to snow (*coughmecough*), procrastinating on homework, bored of t.v., or just plain wanting to create a visual representation of their personality! :)

This is the Mosaic Meme!


1. Answer each of the prompts below using Flickr Search.
2. Choose a photo from the first THREE pages.
3. Copy the URL of your favorite photo into this site: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php
4. Then share with the world!!

So, basically, I'd recommend opening two browsers, one for Flickr and one for Bighugelabs.com. You can adjust how many boxes you want in your mosaic...For this one, 3 (rows) by 4 (columns) is perfect! You can always add on boxes later if you find other prompts you want to add. Keep in mind the search results might not come up with EXACTLY your hometown or favorite color...but pick your favorite from what they give you!

1. First name
2. Favorite food
3. Hometown
4. Favorite color
5. Celebrity crush
6. Favorite Drink
7. Dream Vacation
8. Favorite Dessert
9. What I want to be when I grow up
10. What I love most in the world
11. One word that describes me
12. (Insert one of your usernames here)

My answers, for this one, were...Aleah (ob-v, my name), fruit, Atlanta (Baby panda from ZooAtlanta!), lime green, Robert Pattinson (I took this in 2008...Now I'd say Ryan Reynolds ;) ), red wine (Malbec, specifically), a tropical island, creme brulée (OMG, yum), an author, Love (she's reaching for a little heart), "Dreamer," and Shadowbc (Ironically, the picture that came up is of the Temple of Debod in downtown Madrid! :)).

If you don't like those prompts, other ones I've used are...Name meaning, favorite animal, favorite flower, eye color, Zodiac sign, Favorite place, favorite month, virtue you value, language you speak...

I made a new one today at random with no set prompts...just one to reflect me (though the last one was pretty good :)) and this is what I got!
Stargazer lily (1 of 3 fave flowers...partially responsible for this site name, Artgazer!)
Bubbles (nickname),
white tiger (fave animal!),
Prado Museum, Madrid (fave museum),
Cordoba, Spain (Fave country),
Blue Morpho Butterfly (I like 'em),
RAINBOW UMBRELLA! (just because),
Daffodils (2nd fave flower),
Peacock feather (My favorite pair of shoes has peacock feathers on the toes),
Malbec (Noted),
Rock music (Sweet air, dude),
Books! (and colorful ones),
Princess lady (Art Historian/I want to be a Princess...),
Ronda (Spain again!),
Author (I've got dreams!),
Lotus (3rd fave flower).


What will YOU come up with?? I'd love to see ya'lls results! (Post them in the comments or e-mail me your results at aleah.art@gmail.com and I'll either do a mass post of Mosaics here or on Facebook!)

No comments:

Post a Comment