Wednesday, March 5, 2014

12 under 20: Mark West Pinot Noir

12 under 20: Mark West Pinot Noir

Welcome to my Go-To #3...Mark West Pinot Noir!


Mark West makes a lovely Pinot Noir that I just discovered last weekend at the recommendation of my friend Gennie. It is easy drinking, filled with great fruit (notably cherry, raspberry), and a hint of spiciness. It's very smooth, the tannins are soft, and it is a beautiful garnet color. I can say with 100% confidence that it pairs well with homemade pizza. :)


Mark West is located in Sonoma County, California where they have been making wines for over 40 years. I'm hoping, on my trip there in May, that I'll get to have a visit. I'm forever going to associate this wine with laughing, honest sharing, and solid quality time with a good friend. Wines are definitely for sharing!

At Publix, this baby sells for $14.99!





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment